some of the trivia that is exhibited at Turtle Alley:
- Leatherback turtles in Terengganu have declined by 99,9%
- two critically endagered freshwater turtles are found in Terengganu
- 4 marine turtle species used to nest in Terengganu. Today, only the green turtles occurs in good numbers
- Turtles mistake plastic bags for food. Keep our beaches and oceans clean!
- Marine turtles can swim up to 10km/hour
- The backbone and rib cage of the turtle are embedded in its shell
- Marine turtles can lay between 30-250 eggs in one nest. They nest several times in one nesting season
- Turtles cannot breathe underwater. They drown when caught in fishing nets
- The world's oldest living animal is a 178-year old tortoise
Terengganu State Museum, Kuala Terengganu
Acclaimed as the largest museum in Malaysia and one of the largest museum in South East Asia, the Terengganu State Museum houses century old artifacts and artworks of rich and colorful heritage.
Zainal Abidin Mosque, Kuala Terengganu
The mosque, also known as the White Mosque or the Big Mosque, was built by Sultan Zainal Abidin II between 1793 and 1808 but has been renovated and extended after that.
Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands
Main town in the Cameron Highlands (with Brinchang to the north and Ringlet to the south). Most budget guesthouses are here and it is the starting point for many jungle trails.