some of the trivia that is exhibited at Turtle Alley:
- Leatherback turtles in Terengganu have declined by 99,9%
- two critically endagered freshwater turtles are found in Terengganu
- 4 marine turtle species used to nest in Terengganu. Today, only the green turtles occurs in good numbers
- Turtles mistake plastic bags for food. Keep our beaches and oceans clean!
- Marine turtles can swim up to 10km/hour
- The backbone and rib cage of the turtle are embedded in its shell
- Marine turtles can lay between 30-250 eggs in one nest. They nest several times in one nesting season
- Turtles cannot breathe underwater. They drown when caught in fishing nets
- The world's oldest living animal is a 178-year old tortoise
Tian Hou Temple, Kuala Terengganu
Buddhist temple at the bank of Sungai Terengganu and next to Kampung Cina
Zainal Abidin Mosque, Kuala Terengganu
The mosque, also known as the White Mosque or the Big Mosque, was built by Sultan Zainal Abidin II between 1793 and 1808 but has been renovated and extended after that.
Kampung Kling Mosque, Melaka
Masjik Kampung Keling is one of Melakas oldest mosques built in 1872. The architecture resembling a pagoda is influenced by Sumatran, Chinese, Hindu and local designs.