- village located at the confluence of the Sungai Tahan and Sungai Tembiling River (sungai = river)
- Kuala Tahan serves as Taman Negara's base camp
- all budget accommodations are located in Kuala Tahan
- the hiking trails of Taman Negara National Park starts at the opposite side of the river
- Mutiara Resort is the only accommodation (= priciest option) on the the National Park side of the river
- there is a boat shuttle service to cross the river for RM 1 / person
- Kuala Tahan has several smalls shops, restaurants, launderettes and tourist information shops selling tours
- bring enough cash, there is no ATM machine in the village!
- Kuala Tahan can be reached by longtail-boat (3h) from Kuala Tembeling or directly by road (1h)
view from Kuala Tahan across Sungai Tembeling to Taman Negara National Park
This photo was taking when the water level was very low. At the river bank you can see the floating restaurants and across the river the staircase leading up to Mutiara Restaurant and the entrance to Taman Negara. There is a taxi service to reach the other side of the river for RM1 per person.
for RM 1 you can use the boat shuttle to get to the Taman Negara side of the river
the bustling main road
tourism infrastructure in Kuala Tahan
Family run, outside of the village with basic chalets, the place to stay if you want a quiet place to get away from it all.
Chinatown Singapore, Singapore
Singapore′s Chinatown is the traditional Chinese quarters of the city. Today it is a major tourist attraction with national heritage sites, souvenir markets and beautifully restored traditional shop houses