- Lots of restaurants and stalls with Malay food
- Saturday night: Pasar Minggu (Sunday Market) 6pm - 1am, jewellery, clothes, fabric, Malay cooking, handicraft
- Take Putra LRT (e.g. from KLCC) to Kampung Baru station
- Monorail to Medan Tuanku station (5min walk from there)
- 30min walk from Bukit Bintang or RM5 -10 by Tax
entering Kampung Baru at Jalan Raja Muda Masa
traditional wooden Kampung house with KL Tower in the background
Kampung during Ramadan (Bazaar Ramadhan)
The area features a large Indonesian community, and more recently, a small African community. It has a daily wet market known as Bazaar Baru Chow Kit which is arguably the largest wet market in Kuala Lumpur. Chow Kit is also known for its red-light district as well as for its nightly gathering of transwomen.
Backpacker hostel near Masjid Jamek LRT station, located in a 2-storey shop house close to Chinatown
Pasar Malam Taman Connaught, Kuala Lumpur
This predominantly Chinese night market claims to be the longest in Malaysia. It is located alang Jalan Cerdas in Cheras, a part of KL southeast of the city center.
Gurdwara Tatt Khalsa Sikh Temple, Kuala Lumpur
Sikh Temple at the near the Chow Kit Wet Market and Kampung Baru. Largest Sikh temple in South-east Asia and spiritual home to KL′s 75,000 Sikhs.
Chinatown Melaka, Melaka
Melaka`s chinatown within the historical city has a very peaceful atmosphere with its narrow streets, especially so at night.