- Lots of restaurants and stalls with Malay food
- Saturday night: Pasar Minggu (Sunday Market) 6pm - 1am, jewellery, clothes, fabric, Malay cooking, handicraft
- Take Putra LRT (e.g. from KLCC) to Kampung Baru station
- Monorail to Medan Tuanku station (5min walk from there)
- 30min walk from Bukit Bintang or RM5 -10 by Tax
entering Kampung Baru at Jalan Raja Muda Masa
traditional wooden Kampung house with KL Tower in the background
Kampung during Ramadan (Bazaar Ramadhan)
The area features a large Indonesian community, and more recently, a small African community. It has a daily wet market known as Bazaar Baru Chow Kit which is arguably the largest wet market in Kuala Lumpur. Chow Kit is also known for its red-light district as well as for its nightly gathering of transwomen.
Located in 3-storey colonial building with a roof-top bar, the Reggae Mansion is a party hostel and the biggest hostel in Kuala Lumpur
Central Market, Kuala Lumpur
The indoor market and the Kasturi Walk in front of Central Market is a paradise for souvenir hunters, art and handicraft etc.
Central Market (Pasar Besar Siti Khadijah), Kota Bharu
very colourful dry and wet market in the city center