the path starts at Mutiara Resort on the opposite side of the river from Kuala Tahan (RM1 for the ferry to cross the river), from there it is 45min walk
if you travel on a package or bookied a canopy walk tour, a boat will bring you upriver from where you start your walk uphill (about 15min)
- part of the canopy walk tours
- just a few min walk uphill from the Taman Negara Canopy Walk
- 1.7km from from Taman Negara HQ in Kuala Tahan
- bring enough water, it is a relattively short but sweaty uphill hike
- wear comfortable shoes and proper clothing, advisable to wear a cap
first lookout point
on the way up you are passing this first lookout point providing a scenic view towards Sungai Tembeling (the brown patch in the middle of the image)
Bukit Teresek view
this is the view from the top over the interior of the Taman Negara National Park, on clear days you can see Gunung Tahan (highest peak in Peninsular Malaysia, 2187m)
Bukit Teresek Tours:
Xcape Resort Taman Negara
Resort with bungalows, restaurant and swimming pool in Kuala Tahan. With a big parking lot in front, it is mainly catering for tour groups.
Kuala Tahan, Taman Negara
Kuala Tahan is the small village just opposite the entrance to Taman Negara NP at the other side of Sungai Tembeling river. All accommodations are located here.