- departure from Taman Negara (Kuala Tahan): 9am
- departure from Kuala Tembeling: 2pm
- duration of boat ride: 2.5h - 3h
- don't forget to bring shades, hat, drinking water, food, sun lotion
- the boat ride is part of the Taman Negara tour package but can also be booked independently
- simple wooden long-tail boat, sitting on the floor with cushions for butt and back
- boat has roof to give you some sun cover
- no toilet on the boat (there are toilets at the jetty in Kuala Tembeling)
- during the dryer season (march - october) the water level on the river might be low and the boat needs to maneuver around the banks or occasianally might get stuck
- you might see water buffalos cooling off at the river bank and macaques
the longtail boat
the cushioned floor seats for the 2.5h long journey
basic guest house in a green and colorful setting near the mosque, 10min from the jetty
Boat Ride to Taman Negara, Taman Negara
The scenic 2.5 h boat ride between Kuala Tembeling and Kuala Tahan (Taman Negara Headquarters) makes the trip to the park itself a highlight.
Pasar Malam Taman Connaught, Kuala Lumpur
This predominantly Chinese night market claims to be the longest in Malaysia. It is located alang Jalan Cerdas in Cheras, a part of KL southeast of the city center.
Pulau Perhentian Kecil, Perhentian Islands
The small (=kecil) island. With plenty of low-priced accommodation the island is a backpackers favorite and can get quite crowded at peak season on Long Beach.