- departure from Taman Negara (Kuala Tahan): 9am
- departure from Kuala Tembeling: 2pm
- duration of boat ride: 2.5h - 3h
- don't forget to bring shades, hat, drinking water, food, sun lotion
- the boat ride is part of the Taman Negara tour package but can also be booked independently
- simple wooden long-tail boat, sitting on the floor with cushions for butt and back
- boat has roof to give you some sun cover
- no toilet on the boat (there are toilets at the jetty in Kuala Tembeling)
- during the dryer season (march - october) the water level on the river might be low and the boat needs to maneuver around the banks or occasianally might get stuck
- you might see water buffalos cooling off at the river bank and macaques
the longtail boat
the cushioned floor seats for the 2.5h long journey
Xcape Resort Taman Negara
Resort with bungalows, restaurant and swimming pool in Kuala Tahan. With a big parking lot in front, it is mainly catering for tour groups.
Hostel in Kampung Kuala Tahan near the jetty in a scenic location overlooking the river.
Ipoh Heritage Trail, Ipoh
The heritage trail through the historic old town center is an interesting walk passing many impressive buildings from Ipoh's boom periodic from 1880s to the 1930s.