- departure from Taman Negara (Kuala Tahan): 9am
- departure from Kuala Tembeling: 2pm
- duration of boat ride: 2.5h - 3h
- don't forget to bring shades, hat, drinking water, food, sun lotion
- the boat ride is part of the Taman Negara tour package but can also be booked independently
- simple wooden long-tail boat, sitting on the floor with cushions for butt and back
- boat has roof to give you some sun cover
- no toilet on the boat (there are toilets at the jetty in Kuala Tembeling)
- during the dryer season (march - october) the water level on the river might be low and the boat needs to maneuver around the banks or occasianally might get stuck
- you might see water buffalos cooling off at the river bank and macaques
the longtail boat
the cushioned floor seats for the 2.5h long journey
Han Rainforest Resort is the biggest accommodation in Kuala Tahan with private rooms of various standards and also dorm room. All package tours that we recommend include accommodation here.
Upscale Resort, only accommodation at the National Park side of the river, some of the walking trails start here
Pulau Perhentian Besar, Perhentian Islands
The Big (=besar) Island. The slightly bigger island offers more expensive resort style accommodation. For family travellers or those who like it more quiet and have an extra Ringgit to spend.
Bird Watching / Bird Interpretive Centre, Fraser's Hill
Bird Watching is one of the most popular activities at Frasher's Hill. You can find information on flora and fauna,trails, the history of Frashers Hill and general information about birds at the Bird Interpretive Centre (BIC).