- departure from Taman Negara (Kuala Tahan): 9am
- departure from Kuala Tembeling: 2pm
- duration of boat ride: 2.5h - 3h
- don't forget to bring shades, hat, drinking water, food, sun lotion
- the boat ride is part of the Taman Negara tour package but can also be booked independently
- simple wooden long-tail boat, sitting on the floor with cushions for butt and back
- boat has roof to give you some sun cover
- no toilet on the boat (there are toilets at the jetty in Kuala Tembeling)
- during the dryer season (march - october) the water level on the river might be low and the boat needs to maneuver around the banks or occasianally might get stuck
- you might see water buffalos cooling off at the river bank and macaques
the longtail boat
the cushioned floor seats for the 2.5h long journey
Hostel in Kampung Kuala Tahan near the jetty in a scenic location overlooking the river.
Danz Eco Resort
Located outside of the village in a secluded area by the river offering acccommodation in 10 capsules
Kuala Tahan, Taman Negara
Kuala Tahan is the small village just opposite the entrance to Taman Negara NP at the other side of Sungai Tembeling river. All accommodations are located here.
Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, Singapore
Architecturally unique (durian shaped) Performing arts centre alongside Marina Bay, near the mouth of the Singapore River. It contains a concert hall, theatre, outdoor performing centres and the Esplanade Mall.
Kampung Kling Mosque, Melaka
Masjik Kampung Keling is one of Melakas oldest mosques built in 1872. The architecture resembling a pagoda is influenced by Sumatran, Chinese, Hindu and local designs.