Santubong Jungle Trek, Sarawak
DisclaimerThe content and images of this flyer / brochure are courtesy of:
It was released sometime around 2010.
Some information might not be up-to-date anymore.
text on flyer / brochure:
Just 5 minutes from Damai Beach
The Santubong Jungle Trek
Enjoy the Natural Beauty of the Sarawak Rainforest
The Santubong Jungle Trek is a circular trekking trail located at the foothills of Mount Santubong, Sarawak. The trail starts at the Santubong Mountain Trek starter hut; approximately 5 minutes walk from Damai Beach. The clearly marked trail winds its way through the rainforest and passes jungle streams, dip pools and waterfalls. The trail is approximately 2 km long and the trek takes between 1-2 hours depending on fitness and
stopping times. Blue trail markings indicate the trail route and regular signposts allow you to keep track of your progress. BBQ areas and resting benches are Iocated along the
trail. Please refer to the map overleaf for further features of the trail.
Please note that at the start of the trail the trees are marked with both blue and red paint as the Santubong Jungle Trek (Blue) and the Mount Santubong Summit Trek (Red) follow the same path until Station Marker F, When you arrive at Station F turn left and follow the blue markings for the Santubong Jungle Trek.
Notes to Trekkers
• The trail is open to the public.
• It is free of charge but trekkers use it at their own risk.
• Suitable clothing and hiking shoes are advisable.
• Please remember to take sufficient drinking water.
• Litterbins are positioned along the trail. Please use them and keep the trail free of litter so that others may enjoy it.
• As there are a number ofunmarked tracks in the area, trekkers are advised to follow the signs carefully.
If you require a guide, please contact the recreation counters at:
Holiday Inn Resort Damal Beach
Tel: 082-846999 ext.8846
Holiday Inn Resort Damal Lagoon
Tel: 082-846900 ext. 622